Monday, March 22, 2010

I am not a patriot...(First Draft)

I am not a patriot,
I fight not what for the history books all say we do
I do not care for pomps and circumstances,
the politicians that send young men to die,
but yet never they themselves set foot into the trenches
them and their loved ones just sit and dine,
and gorge upon wine,
while my loved ones fight and die to preserve what the men in power think we stand for
they tell me what I want and what I need as if they truly try to please
never have they scene the torment and the woe, the lost youth laying turning the ground into a crimson river with young blood,and wasted breath,that is lost to time
before you tell me what I stand for and why I should fight,
come to the trenches and level a weapon with its sights and claim a life
for you know not why I fight nor shall you ever,
for I am not a patriot

No comments:

Post a Comment